Vegan Truffle Bites
“Sugar dates and pistachios!” The oh so sweet and gooey taste of medjool dates combined with the salty, nutty flavor of pistachios are a one-of-a-kind combo. Instead of just eating dates and pistachios, I wanted to flare it up a bit, and so we conjured up a recipe that came out to be sorta like a truffle, but the difference here is, all the ingredients are quite healthy for you, and can be eaten at any time of the day. The sweetener is dates, and I love dates. They can be mixed with all kinds of things to create tasty treats, like this recipe here, but this combo may just be my all time favorite. What a yummy, and healthy snack. Very easy and fun for the kids and great for an afternoon power boost. Beware: they are dangerously delicious (you may want to double this recipe). Enjoy!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup salted, shelled pistachios
- About 14 fresh medjool dates, pitted
- 1 T melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- unsweetened cocoa powder, for rolling*
*can replace with coconut flakes if desired
What to Do:
- Combine all ingredients (except cocoa powder) in a food processor, and pulse until pistachios are chopped small and mixture becomes formable.
- Take small bits (about a golf ball size) of the mixture and roll into balls. Roll the balls in cocoa powder until coated.
- Repeat until all mixture is used up and store in fridge.
Makes about 20 bites