Sweet Potato Chips
Genetically Modified foods are becoming more well-known and chips are one of the biggest culprits containing GMO oils. These sweet potato chips are an easy alternative, cooked in organic coconut oil and organic grass-fed butter. The bold flavors complement your favorite creamy dip, but are also a great stand alone treat.
What You’ll Need:
- 1-2 large sweet potatoes peeled
- Organic butter and coconut oil for frying
- Sea salt
What to Do:
- Slice the sweet potatoes as thin as possible using a knife, or preferably a mandolin.
- Place sliced potatoes in ice water for about 10-20 minutes. This allows them to curl, giving each a unique shape.
- Cover the bottom of a small frying pan 1/4 inch high with about half coconut oil and half butter (depending on your flavor preferences) – turn on burner on medium-low and allow oil mixture to heat up.
- When oil is ready (you will hear it start to sizzle) place sweet potato slices in a single layer on the pan.
- Let fry for a few minutes on each side, or until potato chip edges begin to brown and bubbles start forming.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towels to dry – salting each generously and sprinkling with cinnamon.