Spinach Artichoke Dip
It’s the classic dip you bring to parties. The dip everyone loves; full of creamy goodness and fresh veggie delights. I’d say you can make this and assume it will all get eaten. In fact, maybe double it. A combination of all the best recipes out there; without the ingredients you don’t want, and full of the ones you do. We used fresh spinach because it’s so worth the extra effort, and threw it in the oven to melt the cheese. Chop up some carrots, peppers and broccoli to dip. I’ll bet you can’t take just one bite. Enjoy!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 – 8 oz package of plain cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 c. organic sour cream
- about 1/2 c. grated Parmesan
- 1/4 c. grated mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz fresh spinach
- 1 (14 oz) can of artichoke hearts in water
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
What to Do:
- Preheat oven to 350°. (This is optional if you want to have a warm dip)
- Boil or steam your spinach and allow to cool in colander in the sink. Once it’s cooled, squeeze out any excess water. Chop roughly and set aside.
- Drain artichoke hearts and chop roughly. Set aside with spinach.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, Parmesan, mozzarella, garlic and mix well.
- Fold in spinach and artichokes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in oven (if desired) for about 25 minutes or until dip is bubbling.
- Serve hot out of the oven or room temperature if not baking.
Makes about 3 cups of dip