Simply Sauteed Broccoli with Turmeric
As a kid, I seemed to eat pretty well. I didn’t mind the green on my plate or the various vegetables we had for dinner; I actually embraced them. Today I love them even more, and broccoli stays high on my list of favored veggies. After many ways of cooking these little trees, I found a combo of spices that I love, and hope you do too. Onion powder and garlic powder are staples in my recent cooking, and after reading about the many benefits of Turmeric, it has joined the couple and is now my favorite spice trio. Not only do they taste good together, but turmeric is very good for you, and it seems essential to add it to your everyday cooking. Turmeric is the powerhouse of spices when it comes to health benefits. There are so many benefits of consuming turmeric from drawing out infections to helping with digestion and weight loss. This recipe is just one way you can add turmeric to your diet, but the spice should always be a staple in your kitchen, as it is in ours.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Head of organic broccoli, chopped
- 4 T organic, grass fed butter
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- sea salt to taste
- 1/4 c. chicken broth
What to Do:
- Heat a medium sized cast iron skillet under medium-low flame. Add butter and allow to melt.
- Add broccoli and saute until wilted slightly, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Add spices and toss to coat.
- Pour in chicken broth and cover allowing steam to cook veggies-1 minute.
- Uncover and saute until softened to your liking, 2-8 minutes more. (2 minutes for a still crunchy texture)
Serving size: 2-3