Sauteed Kale and Eggs
Kale is jam packed with rich nutrients and vitamins A, C and K. This dark leafy green is full of antioxidants and fiber to help detoxify the body. With the combination of nuttiness and sweet caramelized shallots, this recipe really brings out the beauty in this “nutritional powerhouse”. Spend 10 minutes and begin to see breakfast differently.
- Large handful of chopped kale, stems removed
- 1-2 shallots, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 3 T chicken broth
- 1 T butter for frying
- Pinch of nutmeg
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- A few drops of juice from a lemon
- Eggs cooked to your liking
- Diced avocado
- Feta cheese
- Melt butter in a medium sized pan on medium-low heat. Fry shallots until slightly wilted.
- Add greens and cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly, until wilted.
- Add chicken broth and cover for a minute more.
- Mix in nutmeg, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Serve with an egg, diced avocado, and feta cheese for breakfast, or as a side dish for dinner.