Rustic Pear Smoothie
The weather is slowly dropping here in the northeast. We are seeing pumpkins, apples, pears, and scare crows in our local food stores, and we all know what this means. Fall is a time for celebration, for giving thanks, for sticking indoors more often and conjuring up new recipes and flavors. Though some days are seemingly more frigid, some are summer’s way of giving it’s last lick of warmth, begging us to come outside for the last few weeks of this season. As we transition from the hot summer days into the cozy cruching-of-the-leaves fall weather, we want food to help us with that switch. This smoothie is a perfect combination of the two seasons, bringing the cooling feeling you desire in summer with the rustic, deep flavors of fall. Enjoy this recipe, before it’s too cold you can’t stand to put anything less than hot to your lips.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 bosc pear, cored and roughly chopped (I like to keep the skins on-that’s where all the good nutrients are!)
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1-2 spoonfuls almond butter
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or raw whole milk
- 1/3 cup organic yogurt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- handful of ice
What to Do:
- Blend everything in a blender until smooth.
- Add more milk (or water) if it’s too thick, and enjoy!