This recipe goes out to all the people who get kohlrabi from their local CSA and have no idea what to do with it. Aside from the delicious Kohlrabi Slaw we made last year, we were stumped on how else to make it. You can shave it a top a salad, but that just doesn’t seem to use the full potential of this root vegetable. Once we sautéed it with some other veggies and spices, we were convinced this could be our favorite way to eat kohlrabi yet. Super simple and very easy, this recipe is perfect as a side to your eggs in the morning, and beats potatoes by a long shot. Enjoy!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 kohlrabi, ends cut off, peeled and chopped into 1/2 – 1-inch sized pieces
- 2 carrots, washed and chopped same size as kohlrabi
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 T butter, for sautéeing
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
What to Do:
- Heat pan to medium heat. Add butter until melted.
- Add onions and sautée until a bit wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Combine kohlrabi and carrots and stir. Add your spices and mix.
- Sautée for another 10 minutes or until fork is inserted easily. Taste and add more spices/salt if needed.
- Serve immediately.