It is important to stay hydrated all times of the year, but especially when it gets hot out. Keep yourself active and refreshed so you can feel light even with the hottest of days. My hope is drinking these infused waters will bring with them the desire to move helping you to feel less bogged down. A refreshing and replenishing beverage to boost your metabolism, hydrate you and provide the nutrients you may be lacking. This recipe is the detox drink your body is craving. Wake up and drink, or enjoy throughout the day. Try these combinations or make your own. Mix and match and come up with what you like best.
Cleansing Cucumber and Grapefruit
- 1/2 cucumber
- chopped 1/2 Grapefruit, washed and sliced (skins removed for a less bitter flavor)
- quart sized jar
Digestive Pomegranate and Lemon
- 1 pomegranate
- seeded 1 lemon, washed and sliced quart sized jar
Warming Pear Spice (best when the temperatures start to drop)
- 1 pear/apple 1 cinnamon stick pint sized jar
- 1/2 cucumber
- sliced 1 celery stalk
- chopped handful fresh parsley
- 1/2 granny smith apple, sliced quart sized jar
With All Recipes:
- Prepare fruits and herbs, and add to jars.
- Fill the jar with fresh spring water and let sit in your fridge for 1/2 hour to overnight.
- You can refill the jars using the same contents a few times before they no longer have any flavor or benefits.
- Feel free to make a large quantity to store, just be sure to modify the ingredients appropriately.
- Enjoy them cool or at room temperature!
Some other great combinations:
Cooling Cucumber and Lemon or Lime
Hydrating Watermelon and Mint
Strawberry and Basil
Calming Berries and Lavender