Homemade Lip Balm
What You’ll Need:
- 1 1/2 tsp shaved beeswax
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 T shea butter
- 7-10 drops essential oil of your choice (optional)
- Small jelly jar, or cosmetic container
What to Do:
- First you want to combine beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter into a glass jar.
- You will be doing a double boil here, so fill a medium size pot half way with water and place your glass jar with ingredients inside. Turn the temperature on to medium-low heat and allow your oil, butter, and wax to melt, about 5 minutes.
- Once melted, turn the flame off and add your essential oil. Peppermint and tea tree oils are refreshing options.
- Mix well without removing from water.
- Pour your melted lip balm into your desired container. Tubes and tin containers can be found at Michaels or Joanne Fabrics, but if you have some small left-over jelly jars, that works just as well!
- Cover loosely with the lid and allow to cool for several hours or overnight. Voila!
This makes one jelly jar full of lip balm, but about 5 tubes or small cosmetic containers.
Inspired by: Wellness Mama