Gluten-Free Veggie Wrap
I keep seeing these wraps on Pinterest. They always look so inviting, so clean. Finally a gluten-free version of a wrap that includes all your favorite ingredients! We had to try it. It was fun and flavorful; versatile and inviting. Try making it with your own personal favorites. Mediterranean inspired and Asian wraps are a good place to start. Add things like olives, tomatoes, feta and peppers; or tofu, green onions, spinach, etc. Have fun with it and enjoy! See our version of this wrap and adapt as you like.
What You’ll Need
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1/4 avocado, pitted, skinned and sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced cucumber
- 2 T organic hummus
- alfalfa sprouts
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 sheet nori (seaweed) wraps
What to Do
- Lay out your seaweed sheet and begin adding your ingredients. Start with your hummus and spread across the top of the sheet. Then add cucumber, avocado, carrots and sprouts respectively.
- Add salt and pepper and roll up tightly so that the hummus is the last part rolled and sticks to your seaweed.
- Cut in half and serve.
Note: if you store this in a sealed container, the seaweed will get a bit soggy. It’s best eaten immediately or stored for a short period in a container that is not fully sealed like tin foil.