Frozen Coconut Bars
Coconut is simply a miracle food. It’s packed with saturated fats that helps boost brain function and improve energy. It also aids in the digestion of other nutrients and minerals. Combined with the antioxidant filled blueberries, this recipe is quite the treat. It will take no more than 5 minutes to whip up and will please the little mouths in the house. Enjoy!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 T maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, optional
What to Do:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until blueberries are chopped to small bits.
- Pour mixture into a 8×8 glass dish. The smaller your dish, the thicker your bars.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight or until bars are solid.
- Cut into squares, wrap in plastic and store in freezer.
Note: You can make popsicles with the mixture by pouring into popsicle molds or dixie cups and freezing.
Makes about 9-12 bars (depending on the size you cut)