Fresh Ginger Ale
This recipe is really easy (takes no more than 5 minutes) and is a fresh alternative to the sugar packed, canned sodas you find at the store. It’s a make-at-home drink that gives you the bubbly satisfaction with added benefits of fresh ginger, such as: aiding in digestion, nausea and has anti-inflammatory properties. Not too spicy and not too sweet, Fresh Ginger Ale is just deliciously thirst quenching for those warm spring days.
What You’ll Need:
- 1-2 small spoonfuls of raw cane sugar
- juice of half a lime
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger root
- Sparkling lime water (if not available, use regular sparkling water)
- 1 cup of ice (more or less depending on your preference)
- A tall glass
What to Do:
- Combing sugar, lime, and lemon in your glass and mix until sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Add grated ginger and stir.
- Add ice, then sparkling limeade and stir well getting all the ginger incorporated nicely.
- Serve with a garnish of lime and enjoy!
Makes one drink