Cucumber Mojito with Basil Peppermint
This recipe is a twist on your classic mojito. The cucumber gives it a very crisp and refreshing taste, while the basil peppermint gives it depth and uniqueness; a perfect addition to the poolside this weekend. This can be made ahead of time in bulk for a party or a beach trip; just follow step one, fridge it, and save the other steps for before serving. Please enjoy, but beware, these are dangerously delicious.
What You’ll Need:
- About 1/4 organic cucumber, chopped and more sliced for garnish
- 8 basil peppermint leaves (or just regular peppermint)
- 1/2 lime, sliced in half
- About 1 T maple syrup or raw sugar
- 2 oz gin, rum or vodka (optional)
- club soda
What to Do:
- Muddle the chopped cucumber, mint, lime (including rind) and sweetener together in the bottom of a glass with the back of a spoon. We found a wooden spoon to work best.
- Add your liquor (if using) and more syrup or lime if needed.
- Fill with ice and top with club soda and give it a good stir.
- Garnish with sliced cucumber, and enjoy with a straw.
Note: If you like a frozen drink, try blending it all together (minus lime rind) for a slushy mojito.
Makes 1 drink