Corn Salad with Avocado and Tomato
A great potluck dish to bring to those upcoming summer parties. With many of these ingredients being in season, this is a great spring and summer recipe; simple, fresh, and delicious. Enjoy with chips or just as is.
What You’ll Need:
- 1-2 organic ears of corn, shucked
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1-2 farm fresh organic tomatoes, chopped
- 2 T freshly chopped parsley
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 clove raw garlic, minced
- juice of half a lemon
- drizzled extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
What to Do:
- Fill a medium pot half way with water and bring to a boil. Boil your corn for about 5-10 minutes, remove from water and let cool.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix. Cut corn kernels off the cob and mix into to salad.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes to allow flavors to set. Add salt if needed and serve chilled or at room temperature.
Serves 3-4 people