Corn and Black Bean Dip
It’s getting to that season of fresh corn, where the first ears are being brought to the markets and instantly scooped up. Corn on the cob is seasonal and is only available here in the spring and summer. Once you see it on the shelf, you know it’s that time of year where grilling becomes an every day occurrence and salsas and dips are a must have. This recipe, thanks to Melanie Ohm, has been a go-to in the warmer months. The secret ingredient is what brings this dip to the next level. Apple cider vinegar. Before you click out of this page, you must know; this vinegar is the mother of all vinegars. You can use it in your hair, on your face, to drink, or to eat and enjoy its many values. It helps with digestion and to clean out your liver, along with aiding in weight loss and clearing up your skin to name a few. Don’t be scared away as this ingredient, though quite potent alone, brings a sweet and tangy flavor that pairs perfect along side the corn and beans. A quick mix of just a few more ingredients and your done. Not too spicy for the kids, and yet definitely not too plain. We refer to it as “the Dip” and is best enjoyed outdoors on a beautiful spring day. Enjoy.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 organic ears of corn, shucked
- 1 can black beans, rinsed, or about 2 cups fresh
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- About 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- About 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
What to Do:
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Boil the corn for about 5 minutes and let cool
- Cut the kernels of corn off the core and add to a bowl along with the beans, cheese, onion, vinegar, oil, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and let chill in fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Serve with organic blue corn chips.