Cooling Body Spray
As we slowly part from the spring-like weather of early May, the hotter days begin to roll around. Recently it has been reaching up to the high 80s, and June hasn’t even shown it’s face. We are loving it. Summer is already here in our minds and we are basking in the hazy heat. Though we enjoy the windows open and the sun beaming down, sometimes it doesn’t hurt to cool off a bit. With a pool in the back-yard it’s nice to jump in when you need to get refreshed, but when you don’t have that convenience, this spray does the trick. Infused with cooling mint and calming lavender; spiked with the refreshing smell of cucumber and soothing hue of rose; close your eyes and spritz yourself all over. You will be refreshed, re-energized, and ready to take on the no-longer unbearable heat. Fantastic bonus to this recipe: the lavender and peppermint are both bug repellants. So keep this handy when it gets dark as it can help fend off the relentless summer mosquitoes.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 tsp cucumber witch hazel
- Rose Water (can use pure water too)
- Cooling Essential Oils of Your Choice (we used lavender and peppermint)
- 2 oz spray bottle
- Cucumber slices and mint leaves, optional
What to Do:
- Combine 3 tsp cucumber witch hazel with 25 drops of peppermint essential oil and about 10 drops of lavender essential oil. You can add more or less, we added until it smelled nice and refreshing. Shake to mix.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with rose water and mix again.
- We added cucumber slices and mint leaves to help pronounce those smells, but it is not essential.
- Spray liberally all over body to cool down.