Chocolate-Chip Raw Cookie Dough Bites
I remember eating cookie dough as a young girl, so I found a similar recipe online and changed it for our dietary needs.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 4 tsp. gluten-free vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt (Celtic or fine Himalayan sea salt)
- 4 drops stevia
- 2 tsp. stevia powder (or your favorite sweetener)
- 4 Tbs. melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbs. vanilla coconut milk (or almond, rice or hemp milk)
- ½ cup gluten-free dark chocolate chips (or allergy-free chips of your choice. Semi-sweet are delicious, too! I use minis so they hold together easier.)
What to Do:
- Melt coconut oil in a saucepan and set it aside. (On warm days, the oil might already be melted.)
- Measure 2 cups blanched almond flour and place into a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Mix salt, vanilla extract, stevia, stevia powder, coconut oil and coconut milk into the almond flour. Stir until the mixture comes together. (Add more coconut milk if it’s not holding together like a loose dough.)
- Add chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Freeze on parchment paper.
For added yumminess, roll the dough balls in chocolate!
- Melt ½ to 1 cup of chocolate chips on low in a small saucepan, with 1 Tbs. of coconut oil. When mixture has melted, shut off the heat.
- Use a spoon to roll each frozen ball individually in the melted chocolate.
- Drop the chocolate-coated balls onto parchment paper and refreeze.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer (although they never last a day in our house!).
Photo credit: © Lisa DeNardohullabaloohomestead.com