Carrot Sesame Energy Bars
Parents, stick these bad boys in your kids lunch boxes and watch them come home wanting more. A protein rich snack that is packed with omega-3s, some vitamin A and all raw, natural ingredients for a perfect mid-afternoon pick me up. Make it the night before after your kids go to sleep, and it’ll be ready to go by morning. Enjoy!
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup grated organic raw carrots
- About 6 dates, pits removed
- 1 T raw honey
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 T raw chia seeds or flax seeds
- 1/4 cup raw coconut shavings
- pinch of sea salt
- organic sesame seeds, for topping
What to Do:
- Combine all ingredients, except sesame seeds and carrots, in a food processor and pulse until everything is chopped small. Add the carrots and pulse until mixed well.
- Press the mixture to the bottom of a baking dish or rectangular container. The bigger the container the thinner the bars are going to be.
- Top with sesame seeds, coating the top. Tilt dish to spread the seeds all over, and dump out the loose ones.
- Put in fridge to harden; 1 hour – overnight.
- Cut the mixture into even rectangular shapes and use a spatula to remove from dish.
- Store in container in the fridge, or in plastic bags to transport.
Makes 10-20 bars (depending how small you cut them)