Carrot Salad with A Lemon Tahini Dressing
Generally I enjoy a raw carrot far more than any cooked one; it’s the crunchy texture, the fibrous innards, and the color! It’s an explosion of vitamins that my body craves. Enough with the carrot talk already. Alright, let me just say, this is an easy throw-it-together type of side dish great for any Asian or Thai inspired dinners. Indeed, carrots are rich in vitamin A, anti-oxidants, and fiber to name a few, but this recipe is special for its simplicity, and that’s all.
What You’ll Need
- 2 very large carrots, washed and trimmed, or 4 smaller ones.
- 2 green onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 T tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce
- 1-2 T fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- splash of water (if dressing is too thick)
- A spiralizer, mandoline, or knife
What to Do
- Cut up your carrots using a spiralizer, a mandolin (on the thin setting), or a knife by cutting very skinny strips, and place in a bowl
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a smaller bowl. Add salt if needed, and pour over your prepped carrots.
- Let sit in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Mix well before serving chilled.