Berry Beet Smoothie
How, you might ask, does one make a beet smoothie. Do you cook the beet or leave it raw? Does it blend up enough? Won’t it taste overwhelmingly of beets? Well all these questions and concerns that I also once had, are now debunked. You can cook the beet, but I chose to leave it raw (more from laziness honestly, but I’m very glad I did). It does blend well, even if you don’t own a Vitamix. It is does not overwhelm you with beet flavor. In fact, this smoothie combo made a very berryful smoothie with a hint of beet in the background; now that’s what I’m talking about! I went to take some pictures of this gorgeously colored smoothie when our cat jumped in and stole the shot. He knows too well when to strike a pose…
The hype of the green smoothie has passed. Alright it is still very much there, but there is a new veggie smoothie that has come into light and it is more satisfying than you would have ever imagined. Ready to try it? I assure you, you won’t be disappointed.
Enjoy the process, and take it with you when your done for a nourishing and tasty breakfast smoothie.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 raw beet, trimmed, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen organic blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen organic strawberries
- 1/2 fresh or frozen banana
- 1 T green powder or 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1 T organic almond butter
- Scant (just less than) 1 cup coconut or raw milk
What to Do:
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth (ish).
- Top with coconut flakes or seeds if desired and enjoy!
Makes 1 large smoothie Note: If you have a Vitamix, you will be able to get this smoothie to be quite smooth and creamy. If not, it will be textured. We used a food processor and it blended it well; however, there were still some pulpy bits in there; we like it that way.