An important ingredient of the winter is citrus, and since it is now in season, we should be eating it daily. Grapefruit is just one of the many options you can add to your diet to increase your vitamin C intake and boost your immune system for the cold winter months. In our house we like to eat it as is, but others may find that rather chilling. This recipe shows an alternative way to serve this delicious fruit that will help you fight the cold this season, and keep you warm while your at it. Top with yogurt for added probiotic benefits, or enjoy as is.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 grapefruit, cut in half
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup or honey
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Dollop of organic yogurt (optional)
*Feel free trying brown sugar in replace of the maple syrup/honey for a caramelized texture.
What to Do:
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Carve around each section of the halved grapefruit with a serrated knife.
- Drizzle with maple syrup (1 teaspoon per half) and sprinkle with desired amount of cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
- Top with yogurt if desired, and serve.