Authentic Fresh Salsa
This recipe comes from an old friend. She knew very well how to make authentic Mexican food and as a kid I would stand on a stool and watch over her shoulder, or across the table, as she chopped the tomatoes, diced the cilantro and jalapeno, and squeezed the lime juice into a bowl. She would have me taste, as a I do now, until it reached the perfect tangy and salty flavors. No need for powdered seasonings; the fresh ingredients is what makes this, and now it’s our favorite salsa recipe; simple, but oh so delicious. Serve with your favorite chips and as a side to your Mexican dinner nights. Enjoy!
What you’ll need:
- 2-3 large heirloom tomatoes (or whatever you have growing), diced
- 1/2 red onion, skinned and diced
- large handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- Juice of 2 limes
- Sea salt to taste
Note: Add a diced avocado for a quick pico de gallo
What to Do:
- Prep your vegetables by cutting appropriately and combine everything in medium sized bowl.
- Mix well to incorporate; add salt if needed. Serve immediately or after chilling in the fridge.
Makes a medium sized bowl of salsa