Issue 26 - Summer 2010 - Article Resources
LETTER FROM THE EDITOR | Jeanne Ohm, DC
THE CONSCIOUS PATH | Pathways Connect: Your Educational Outreach and Conscious Community Toolkit
FEATURE | What Can Be Done to Prevent Autism Now?
WELLNESS LIFESTYLE | The DNA Overlay
NUTRITION | Which Organic Label Should You Trust?
NUTRITION | Mindfully Growing Salad Greens
CHIROPRACTIC FOR LIFE | The Truth About Chiropractic
PREGNANCY | Breath Walk for Pregnancy
BIRTH | Birth: From Fear to Faith
THE OUTER WOMB | Understanding Your Baby's Cries
PARENTING | The Science of Father's Love
FAMILY LIVING | Vitalism in the Family
GRATITUDE | A Thank You a Day: Gratitude Enhances Health
MIND—BODY—SPIRIT | The Nature of Dis-ease
MOVING AND LEARNING | The Underground Healthcare Revolution
GREENER PERSPECTIVES | Getting Inside Out
INFORMED CHOICE | Read Before Vaccinating: The 6 Principles of Informed Choice
RECOMMENDATIONS | Top Ten Local Food Resources
CURRENT CONCERNS | How Health Insurance Is Making Us Sick
CURRENT CONCERNS | The Lancet Retraction Changes Nothing
- “Body Burden: The Pollution in Newborns,” www.ewg.org/research/body-burden-pollution-newborns/study-methodology
- Bradstreet, J.J., El-Dahr, J., et al., “Detection of Measles Virus Genomic RNA in Cerebrospinal Fluid of Children Regressive Autism: A Report of Three Cases,” J Am Phys Surgeons. 9(2) (2004):38-45.
- Buie, Timothy, et al., “Evaluation, Diagnosis and Treatment of Gastrointestinal Disorders in Individuals with ASDs; A Consensus Report and Recommendations for Evaluations and Treatment of Common Gastrointestinal Problems in Children with ASD,” Pediatrics. (2010): 1-4.
- Echeverria, D., Woods, J.S., et al., “Chronic Low-level Mercury Exposure, BDNF Polymorphism, and Associations with Cognitive and Motor Function,” Neurotoxicol Teratol. 27(6) (2005):781-796.
- “Elevated Immune Response in the Brain of Autistic Patients,” www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19157572
- “Environmental Pollutants and Disease in American Children: Estimates of Morbidity, Mortality and Costs for Lead Poisoning, Asthma, Cancer and Developmental Disabilities,” www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12117650
- Day, Jasperse, et al., “Prenatal Exposure to Alcohol: Effect on Infant Growth and Morphologic Characteristics,” Pediatrics. Vol 84 No.3 (1989): 536-541.
- “Dry Cleaning Alternatives,” Consumer Reports.
- Gallagher, C., Goodman, M., “Hepatitis B Triple Series Vaccine and Developmental Disability in US Children Aged 1-9 Years,” Toxicol Environ Chem 90(5) (2008): 997-1008.
- Glasson, E., et al., “Perinatal Factors and the Development of Autism,” Arch Gen Psychiatry. 61 (2004): 618-627.
- Johnson, K., et al., “Outcomes of Planned home Births with Certified Professional Midwives: Large Prospective Study in North America,” BMJ. (2005): 330-1416.
- Kawashisma, Y., Takekuma, K., et al., “Detection and Sequencing of Measles Virus from Peripheral Mononuclear Cells from Patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Autism,” A Dig Dis Sci. 45(4) (2000): 723-729.
- Kenji, et al., “Effect of Probiotics Bifidobacterium Breve and Lactobacillus Casei on Bisphenol A Exposure in Rats,” Biochem. 72 (2008):70672-1-7
- Lund, N., Pedersen, L.H., Henriksen, T.B., “Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor Exposure In Utero and Pregnancy Outcomes,” Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine. 163 (2009): 949-954.
- “Metabolic Biomarkers of Increased Oxidatiave Stress and Impaired Methyllation Capacity in Children with Autism,” www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15585776
- "Neuroglial Activation and Neuroinflammation in the Brain of Patients with Autism,” www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15546155
- Shaw, Petrick, et al., “Aluminum Hydroxide Injections Lead to Motor Deficits and Motor Neuron Degeneration,” Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry. (2009).
- Smith, Bob, “Organic Foods VS Supermarket Foods: Element Levels,” J of Appl. Nutrition. 45 (1) (1993): 35-39.
- Thompson, W., Price, C., et al., “Early Thimerosal Exposure and Neuropsychological Outcomes at 7 to 10 Years,” N Engl J Med. 357(13) (2007): 1281-1292.
- “Vitamin D Deficiency During Pregnancy may Impair Maternal and Fetal Outcome,” www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19692182